Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Camp Cherith Was SOOO Griffo!

What an awesome week! So much fun and so many highlights!
.
Last year, camp was a growing experience in my life, and it even made me question if I did, indeed, want to return this summer. But as I read back my blog entry upon returning last year, I am again reminded that every year brings about its own experiences, lessons, and purposes.
This year, God knew exactly what I needed: a group of spectacular high school girls, an incredibly awesome co-counselor, amazing Bible studies, and an all-around super FUN week!
.
Here are some highlights:
.

Sparrow and Ossie: The best team of high school counselors ever!


An awesome Laser Tag extravaganza in the forest!




Teaching Greta how to be a most excellent archer.


80's Night!! It was totally tubular!

Greta's cabin had a lot of fun, too!


So, yes, camp was totally griffo this year!

What? You don't know what "griffo" means? You are so totally out of it!

Actually, at the beginning of the week, our cabin decided to make up a word that we would use as "cool" and see if we could get the middle school girls to start saying it by the end of the week. Needless to say, it was easier than we could have imagined! By Tuesday, the middle school girls were not only saying it as if they'd been saying it all their lives, they were actually explaining to me what it meant! By Friday, the whole camp had made it part of their regular vocabulary.

Where'd we come up with "griffo?" Well, Grifo is the name of Sparrow's new puppy, which came from some sort of car make or model that Mr. Ranch is particularly fond of.

Girls. They're so griffo.

13 comments:

LizzyG said...

All I have to say is, you were born to be an '80s Babe! Oh my goodness you look totally in your element with your aqua-net sprayed hair, and Wet-n-Wild frosty rose lipstick. I'm just disappointed you forgot the blue mascara.

I'm glad you had a great week!

Glory Laine said...

Yeah you're back and giffo as evah!
Love the sexy lazer tag sharon standing next to I'll-rip-your-lips-off Leslie.
What a fun week.

momaof4 said...

glory laine explaned it perfect! :)

Angela said...

Sharon you are so much fun!!!

Those girls were lucky to have you there!!!

Glad you are back!!!

Lindsay said...

What fun, what fun!!

Love the pictures.

Love the new word. :)

Love that you have such a fun-loving spirit and so much energy... those girls were blessed for sure!

Anonymous said...

Ossie is so griffo! What a blast we had. It's hard to believe that it's already over and we are back home.

I am really looking forward to our future camping adventures. And you are extra super duper griffo for visiting my parents with me on the way home!

Team Johnston said...

Sounds like an awesome time!
~Danielle :)

Valerie of Momia said...

My favorite part: the jr. highers explaining to you what "griffo" meant. Hilarious!

Looks like a great week!! :)

Ona said...

Looks like you ladies might have had more fun than the Jr. High girls. Fun!!!

Rachel said...

I love it! You look like you had a great time!

Stefanie said...

That's so funny Sharon! What a fun time with those girls...

Love the 80's night - you are so gorgeous anyway you do yourself up!

I'll see if I can get my fan of words in general husband to start staying griffo!

Lion Heart said...

Will you still be a camp conselour when Paris is ready to go? Shes 3 now...

Lion Heart said...

Oh yes and I love the pictures :P so funny, pretty and cute!