Saturday, July 19, 2008

Almost a Month?

Oh my.

Time has, in a way, flown, and it has, in another way, gloriously meandered through a gorgeous summer so far.

The internet has not been calling my name in the slightest, so I am, unfortunately not up to speed on all the Blogland goings-on. That is not to say that I haven't thought about you, my dear Blogland friends. I have, in fact, wondered how the farm is, or if the new garden is coming in nicely, or if Reno is feeling like home, or how the house is coming together, or how the pregnancy is coming along, or how the baby is growing, or how the girls are growing, or what's new at the Ranch, or if your husband's caught any bass lately, or what you've knitted, or.......well, you get the point.

I have spent the last few weeks going through our house to prepare it for an addition: a "For Sale by Owner" sign. It made its debut last week and we have received exactly zero calls in reference to it. But that is perfectly ok. We are just testing the waters to see if there's any nibblers out there, but if it doesn't work out, we are completely content and happy to stay in our nice, comfortable home. We really do love it here, but it would be wonderful to have a little more outdoor breathing room. We'll see. It's in God's hands, which is the perfect place for it to be.

Julie and I took our girls to Wild Waves this past Sunday and Monday. We had an absolute blast! Good friends and sunshine are such a wonderful combination.

In approximately ten hours from now, I will be making my annual pilgrimage to Camp Cherith, where I will be able to be the counselor to the high school girls, along with the totally awesome Mrs. Ranch. We are really looking forward to our week and know that God has some super things in store for us and the girls. Greta will be coming to camp, as well, while Gabby will be helping Ben here around the house....I may give her a commission if she sells it while we're away, we'll see.

I miss you all, and I promise I'll catch up on Blogland after a return in a week. But until then, leave me a little comment with how you are doing and what the best thing so far this summer has been.

Thanks for being faithful friends!

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

Your summer sounds delightfully wonderful. Wild Waves is one of my greatest childhood memories!! :)

Things are going well here - swathing and baling like mad :) Do you want me to send you a pictue of a swather? :)
Anyway - the best thing about our summer is time at home just "being" with my boys and having great adventures with family and friends!

Blessings to you as you spend a fun-filled week at camp!

Lindsay said...

P.S. How's the guitar playing coming along??

Anonymous said...

T minus 2.15 hours until I'm on my way out the door!

I am so excited for camp this year. It's going to be great to see how God works this week.

Valerie of Momia said...

WHAT?? For sale?? I had no idea!! I haven't really scouted out your backyard, but I know what it's like to want a bit more of a backyard. That was one of my 27 reservations about the house we bought!! ;) The backyard is small. We don't have a front yard (unless you count that virtual cliff!). I just want a place where the kids can run and play. And maybe have room for a swing set (although this is probably going to eventually go in...barely!) and a concrete patio for sidewalk chalk, trikes, and foursquare. And maybe...just maybe...a hot tub!!!! You have a great house. And if you're willing to let it go for 100,000...you just give me a call! ;)

Have a WONDERFUL time at camp!!! I'll miss Greta-uh! I mean you!! ;)

momaof4 said...

What fun you are having.
Adventure in house selling is totally a God thing. I know he had His hand in ours the whole time, even when offer after offer we made on other houses didn't work. But we LOVE our house now! He was in control.

We are just here being us! Playing, building, swimming...

Unknown said...

Time does fly, yet flow doesn't it? Diego is already just about 5 months old...I cannot believe it! We are going to try cereal for the first time this coming week and we made our first trip out of state to Seattle...he travels like a CHAMP! Glad you are enjoying your summer so much, have a great week at camp!

LizzyG said...

I hope you have a wonderful time at Camp Cherith. I remember your post from last year, and how each year God always does something amazing, not only in the campers, but in your life as well. I'll pray for you this week.

The last two weeks have been a little rough, but I have to say, my God is faithful. The last two weeks at church have been phenominal. Ben's message yesterday was like a river in the desert. As was his message the week before. I can't express with words how both those messages spoke into my life.

Praying you'll be blessed this week!

Molly said...

Great to hear from you! I'm thinking about you, wishing I could hop over to Camp Cherith for a hug. Praying too, can't wait to hear what God does in your heart.

Summer is going fine. In fact, unlike you, I have been a blogging fool. What is up with that?

The best part of summer this far has been all the visitors from Salem. I have loved it, all of them. Oh and the kids are sleeping in almost every day until 8:30, wow!

Stefanie said...

Missing you!

Are you back from camp?

You'll have to read my newest post and give me your two bits - as a mom that has gone ahead of me.

Love,
Stef