Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Succumbed

It's really not like me. I still haven't even seen the first Batman movie yet (or second or third or fourth or....whatever), simply because there was too much hype around it and everyone "had" to see it. But I guess even the strongest must fall at times.

I created a Facebook Page.

Have I sold my soul to the devil? Tell me now, while there's still time to get out.

If you approve of this sort of behavior, and, in fact, have a Facebook of your own, then, "Help!" I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing or how to add things or navigate around or anything. What I have seen, though, is that it's a huge labyrinth of people. Basically, I've found that I have virtually six degrees of separation from practically everyone I've ever been introduced to in my life. It's crazy, but sort of fun all at the same time.

Advice from Blogland? Tales of your Facebook experiences? Horror stories? Delightful reunions?

4 comments:

Becky said...

I'm so glad you joined Sharon!
Isn't it fun?
Those pictures you posted took me WAAAYYYY back in time. I little freaky, actually! :)

Valerie of Momia said...

Heh, heh! I must admit I was a bit surprised when I saw a friend request from you on Facebook! Facebook is something I said I wasn't going to do (I have a Myspace which I tend to check daily). Then, late one night when I couldn't sleep, I checked my email and got a Facebook invite from Lara. I signed up, even though that very evening I had been talking to someone about Facebook and how I wasn't going to join!!!! It's confusing...at least to me (all those things you can do and add...mine's totally simple. I like it like that.) But it has some plusses over Myspace. I think you'll like it. Unlike Myspace, I usually only go to Facebook when someone sends me a message. To each his own! :)

Oh, and I've never seen a Batman movie either! I think we should pride ourselves on this fact ;)

Molly said...

Hey, I did not realize that we have that trait in common. Fun. So, I did join facebook...for about 1 hour, then I deleted my account. Right now I just can't see adding one more thing to life.

However, my thoughts are this...
Great idea to share pictures.
Not so great idea how all these people from your past can "find" you. (Some people probably love that idea, but not me so much.) And it seems rude to not accept someone's invite if you are already a member.

You will do great! Perhaps a few more will join the ranks with you. And you can let your little light shine while you are at it.:) Cause everything we do is for His glory, right?

Rachel said...

Why do I love facebook??? Because I have a big family, and my cousins live all over the country, and this has been a great way for us to keep in contact with each other!! It's been so nice and they also have some really fun (and cerebral) games to play!