Friday, June 20, 2008

Signs of Summer

Weather, smeather.

Although this first full day of summer in the Pacific Northwest is a beauty, around here we usually can't really rely on the forecast to inform us of the change of seasons.

I prefer my own tell-tale signs that summer is officially upon us:



*Staying up until a quarter to two reading a book that I just can't put down. In this case, The Shack, recommended by The Daily Ditch.

*Setting my alarm to wake me up at 10:30am~otherwise I would surely oversleep.

*Snoozing my alarm until 10:45.



Aahhhh, summer! Freedom from school schedules, bedtimes and early alarms.

What are your tell-tale signs that summer has arrived?

7 comments:

momaof4 said...

Now I have to read that book it 2 of you were up till the wee hours reading!!! :)

Got to LOVE the up late, sleeping in late stuff.

Rachel said...

10:30am alarm clock??? I have a 6am alarm clock, and she won't except snooze as an answer to needing more sleep! I am so jealous!!!
Enjoy your summer! And I love your new family picture!!!

Rachel said...

ACCEPT not except!! My brain is on summer vacation.

Lindsay said...

early mornings.

late dinners.

beautiful sunsets.

the garden.

swathers.

balers.

hay.

LIFE! :)

Stefanie said...

Reading the Shack too - although I started it a month ago...it is awesome, I agree with you and Angela both...I just don't have many reading moments!

Summer...yes, hurray, at last! Summer is meals outside....visits with neighbors outside...and Daphne running thru the park's fountains today!

Molly said...

I'm happy for you, sleeping in. You will have to teach me how to do this. 10:45?

I am looking forward to actually playing with my kids, not having so much busy work to do. Yea it is finally here!

Team Johnston said...

Summer, summer
~No more schedule of waking up early
~Staying in jammies until noon
~Eating dinner outside
~Hanging out with friends around the fire
~Shorts, tanks, flip flops
Enjoy summer!
~Danielle :)