Saturday, June 7, 2008

Jeopardy!

ANSWER:
.
My mom's camcorder, digital camera and cell phone; Gabby's digital camera & cell phone.
.
QUESTION:
.
What fell into the Pacific Ocean during a vacation to Hawaii, never to work again?
.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.
ANSWER:
.
$600
.
QUESTION:
.
How much did my mom spend on a new camcorder and digital camera in time to film all the events of this weekend, including, but not limited to: Gabby's choir concert, Greta's softball game, my dad's birthday party, the last service in Court Street's old sanctuary, the dedication service of Court Street's new sanctuary and my nephews' baseball game?
.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.
ANSWER:
.
The moist video tape that was retrieved from the water-logged camcorder.
.
QUESTION:
.
What destroyed our friend's camcorder that my mom borrowed in order to transfer footage of said Hawaiian vacation onto a DVD?
.
.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.
Two Words:
.
SERENITY NOW!!!!

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh Sharon! I'm speechless! Serenity Now is right ...

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! That is an amazing-frightful chain of events.

Valerie of Momia said...

This leads to to more questions. This inquiring mind wants to know...how in the world did those five electronic devices all end up in the ocean???? I can just imagine them all holding hands on the edge of the boat saying "We're over used and underappreciated. We're leaving you!" And with that, they jumped. But you'll have to give us the real story.

#2 How was she able to retrieve the camcorder?

Now I'm thinking...they were all in a backpack. They were on the beach, wading in shallow water when the bag somehow dropped in the ocean.

I'm so sorry that all this happened. And your poor, sweet friend who now has a broken camcorder, too!! Oh!

See you tomorrow at our historic day at church! :)

momaof4 said...

I love following Valerie, and her comments...I was thinking the same thing!

So sorry, I know how you feel about all this...2 more day's girl! 2 more days.

Glory Laine said...

Yikes! That will teach your mom that she should all carry back-up recording devices.

Lion Heart said...

wow. thats sad. hopefully the good old fashion memory will kick in when you want to re-live those wonderful events.

Jen said...

LAME!!!

Man, no words except...SORRY. and... I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!! Jen Green