Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Please Join Me in Prayer

Difficult news is just as difficult to share.

We have an urgent need to bring before the Lord and I would like to ask all of you to stop for a moment and lift the King family up.

Craig and Abby's youngest son, Darian, was diagnosed today with cancer. They found a mass just above his knee on his femur. After an MRI in Portland today, the doctor revealed that it was, in fact, a tumor.

They will remain in Portland for the evening so that the doctors can retrieve a biopsy to determine what kind of cancer they are dealing with. They will hopefully get to come home later tonight, since the results of the biopsy won't be available for a couple of days.

Right now, the general plan is to perform surgery after the biopsy results are in to remove the mass and then follow that with chemotherapy.

Obviously, this is a critical time for them and they can use all the prayer and support that we can offer. Abby is very lovingly optimistic, knowing that this is God's plan and that He's in charge. She is an amazing woman and I am so thankful that God entrusted Darian to her care.

If you'd like me to pass on a message to their family, please feel free to leave a comment here and I will convey it to them.

Thank you all so much!

7 comments:

Hosmerita said...

Sharon,
Please pass on my love and support to Abby tonight. My prayers are with her and her family.

Anonymous said...

I will be praying.

Abby~
You are a bright spot among all of us. God knows His plan for sweet Darian, and He gave Darian the perfect parents for the challenge.

You are not in this alone. You have God on your side as well as an army of friends and family to pray, and support you with whatever you need in the name of the Lord.

I'll talk to you soon my dear friend.

Love you,
Leslie

Molly said...

I'm short on words, can't think of much to say. I'm praying and so thankful that God is God. Sending lots of faith, hope and love Abby's way.

Lara said...

My eyes are filled with tears. No one wants to hear those words. Abby I am praying for you and Darian. God loves Darian more than anyone could. He will take care of Darian. Much love for you and your family. Lara~

Lara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...

We will be praying! My mom is up here also I will call her and let her know.

Glory Laine said...

It's hard to know the right words to say in a time like this. I have no answers, I offer no wisdom, I am not there to give the hug that I might need more than you.
What I can do. I can pray. I pray over you today. I pray for wisdom, for peace, for comfort, and for bravery.
I love you Abby.