Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Just Because

Looking for a quick and easy way to let your husband know that you love him? This is something I learned in junior high: Eyeliner makes a great writing utensil on the bathroom mirror!
.
So, if you're up and out of the house before the Mr., scrawl a quick love note on the mirror above his sink in the morning. Or, if you're like me and he's showered and out of the house before you've even entered REM sleep, scribble your note before you go to bed like I do! Either way, it's sure to give him a nice little boost to start his day. Give it a try for tomorrow morning, then come leave me a comment and tell me how it went!



Here's another free tip: put your creamer into your mug before you pour your coffee into it. That way you don't need to dirty a spoon to mix it up. It magically mixes to the perfect consistency right before your eyes as you pour your coffee! Mmmmm, good!


P.S. Please don't judge my hideous bathroom wallpaper. It's the last room I need to redecorate. I have dreams of Venetian tile. Someday....

16 comments:

Rachel said...

Since my child has decided to start waking up at 5am, I don't miss Scott going to work at all, but I am going to try this tonight anyway...and see if he comes downstairs any happier! (Plus I clean on Fridays, and so it won't drive me crazy all week!)
And...I use the creamer first technique, so nice!

Anonymous said...

Great tips! Love them. You have no idea how badly I needed to hear this reminder today, as I am a little lonesome and cranky today!

Glory Laine said...

I like to write mine in red lipstick. He leaves me notes in my laptop or on the milk jug. Got a few yesterday as a matter of fact. It does put a spring in your step.

momaof4 said...

I have used lipstick in the shower! Then it just washes right off the next time your in there. In fact I am going to do it this Saturday as i leave the house at 6:15 for an all day trip to visit a friend. :) Great reminder!!

Unknown said...

What a sweet idea! I like to leave notes in Eddie's lunch box, but I'm gonna try this mirror writing, too!!

I don't drink coffee right now, but you are so right about putting the creamer in first...I learned this tip from Rachel!

Valerie of Momia said...

Where do you keep your scuba gear?

(I love Molly!)

Angela said...

Oh you are such a great wife!

Ona said...

I have done this a few time but in lipstick. It's been some time now, so I'll try and let you know the outcome.

Lindsay said...

I'm going to do it... thanks!! :)

Team Johnston said...

I usually leave notes in my hubby's lunch box, but I will give mirror writing a try!
~Danielle :)

February Jill said...

I did this the day you suggested it and he appreciated it but now it's turning on me because it's still there and he's wondering if I'm ever going to clean the mirror!

Lion Heart said...

So sweet Sharon! I'll take that first tip!

Tiffany said...

I'm gonna steal this idea! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I will try it out before our next small group and let you know how it goes...although I don't have any eyeliner so I'll have to use lipstick haha....but then isn't it a pain to wash off?? I like writing notes on the banana he will eat for breakfast. That has been quick and fun...and no clean up!

OH, and at least you HAVE wallpaper! I didn't think it was bad! hehe

gaby

srid20 said...

Good idea Sharon.

And from the man's point of view: I loved it and the reason it hasn't come down yet is because I have enjoyed seeing it each morning, reminding me that my wife loves and appreciates me.

That said, I'm going to go clean it up now before Jill gets home from her weekend with the girls at the coast... :-)

Anonymous said...

I tried it and he liked it, but we're STILL trying to clean it off 5 days later. It just won't come off. I think he liked my "banana" notes just as much or more- but that was no clean-up.
-gh