Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thank you!

As I sit here, now at home, reading through all of your comments, prayers and thoughts, I am just so grateful for you all! Thank you so much for all of your support during my trip, it helped me more than you could ever know. Your words were so wonderful!

I am on my 6th load of laundry, have finally filtered through the 131 messages in my inbox and have sorted through all of the mail. But what I have not done yet is fully process everything that I have just witnessed and been through during these last two weeks. I'm not really sure if I ever will be able to, to be honest with you. It was much bigger than me~exactly as God intended.

I will do my best to bring you some glimpses, however, of my trip in the days to come. Doing it justice will be a challenge, but I'm sure you all can fill in the blanks. Just know that God was glorified and the Holy Spirit moved in a mighty way.

Stay tuned for a few "Out of Africa" posts!

Now, I think I have some blog reading to do~why did November have to be the let's-post-everyday month??? I've got a lot of catching up to do! : )

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have tears in my eyes, because I can't imagine all the processing you have to do from the trip and all the amazing things you must have seen and experienced while you were there.

The one commonality that I have heard when people talk about Africa is the beautiful spirit of the African people.

God was most definitely glorified through you and Ben, and all of the people on the trip.

Ona said...

Welcome back!!! I look forward to your posts to come of your experience in Africa.

Glory Laine said...

So glad to hear from you. Can't wait for the posts. I'll bet the girls were sooooo glad to see you guys.

Team Johnston said...

Welcome Home Sharon! God did wondrous things through you and Ben while you guys where in Africa. You touched so many lives and brought God to so many people. I look forward to hearing your stories! :) You are an inspiration Sharon!
~Danielle :)

Julie said...

Yea, you're home! Isn't "Pile" a pain? ;)

Glad you made it home safely... can't wait to see you!

Unknown said...

Welcome back! It sounds like your trip was absolutely amazing...I can't wait to read your upcoming "out of africa" posts and seeing some photos.

Hosmerita said...

I am so glad you all made it back safe. Welcome home. See you Sunday.

Lindsay said...

Oh Sharon!! What an awesome experience - God is going to use it in mighty ways... not just in your life, but so many, many others!
Glad you're home... enjoy that laundry... and take time to "soak it all in" as you get back into the routine of "home."

momaof4 said...

SO glad you are home. You have been missed. I have missed your comments on blogs the most. You are so creative with them.

Can't wait to read about Africa!!!
Praying your transition goes well too.

Angela said...

So happy you are home safe and sound!!!
I can't wait to hear about everything!!!