Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Let's Talk A.I.

Time to lighten the mood a bit: Let's talk American Idol, shall we?

Tuesday night, Blake Lewis proved why he should be the next American Idol. That was the coolest performance I have ever seen on that show.


Having rocked out to plenty of Bon Jovi in my time, I was a little concerned on how our little fave Blake would do. Well, if you saw it, I rest my case. Can I get a witness?

Gabby, Greta and I were so excited about his performance, that we all grabbed our own phones and began voting as soon as 9 o'clock hit. Gabby had her cell, I had mine, and Greta took over the home line. We all had our phones on speaker and enjoyed the three-way stereo of "Thanks for voting for contestant 4...." over and over again! We voted for 25 minutes straight. It was hilarious...and tons of fun! And yes, kind of sad, too, in it's own way--we are weird, I know.

The best part was about 15 minutes into our voting deluge when Greta piped up and said, "And aren't we, like, saving a life with every vote?"

"Oh, sorry Lovey! That was LAST week!"


P.S.

Somehow my nice little Relient K prayer song didn't seem to fit this post! So just for today, we're going to rock out, ok? Enjoy. We'll all confess our sins later. I know a good pastor.

7 comments:

Happy McNally Mom said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!!!!! Our family is torn between Blake and Jordan. Blake rocked last night.

Julie said...

We voted for Blake last night, too! I'm addicted to this show, and can hardly wait for results tonight! Go Blake!

Glory Laine said...

Sharon I have a major crush on Blake!!!. I've watched his performance last night twice before I went to bed and still have it Tivoed for more of my viewing pleasure. He is so talended and such a performer. LOVE HIM

Anonymous said...

Blake rules! I haven't watched his performace yet, but it's on dvr for me to see today before the results tonight.

I am still laughing at clicking on your blog and expecting the Relient K song, and hearing Bon Jovi :) Slippery When Wet was the first tape I ever bought. I think I was in 5th grade. And I had many posters of Bon Jovi on my walls from Bop magazine.

Anonymous said...

I'm back...
1. I am still in my pajamas
2. I watched the show this morning
3. The girls and I watched Blake's performace about 5 times
4. We had a dance fest to the song
5. I taught Morgan the 'rock on' sign
6. Mason was yelling, "Don't" the whole time we were dancing
7. Blake is so AWESOME!
8. Off to teach my children their school and the ways of the Lord :)

Molly said...

I have no idea what is going on here. But, gee, you sure have me wondering about Mr. Wonderful.

If he makes it to the finals, I promise I will watch him perform at least once. Maybe I will even vote, if you all are so in love with him and all. I want my friends to be happy.

Go Blake...all the way!...I guess?

Lara said...

Okay, because of Gabby, I went to UTube and watched Blakes performances. I feel caught up and now I can offically say he is awesome. Very entertaining. Thanks Gabby. = )