Saturday, August 23, 2008

Satisfaction

God made me unique and special. One of a kind.
God made you unique and special. One of a kind.

My Bible study group just finished our summer study of the book S.H.A.P.E. by Erik Rees.


S.H.A.P.E. is an acronym that stands for:


*Spiritual Gifts
*Heart
*Abilities
*Personality
*Experiences


Reading through the book and discussing it together, we each came away with a better understanding of our individual blueprints. We saw that some of us were compassionate and others were administrative. Some of us were leaders while others of us were service oriented. Some of us were teachers and others were full of hospitality.

What we didn't find, however, was that two of us were perfectly identical. In fact, what's simply amazing is that over the entire history of the human race, no two people are exactly alike.

I am different.
You are different.
We are all just how God made us to be.

I challenge you to read I Corinthians 12 to explore this further.

What am I? My spiritual gifts are primarily administration, leadership and teaching. My heart is to instruct people and connect them to one another. My abilities are music, athletics and construction. My personality is extroverted. My experiences are full of learning how to properly express my spiritual gifts through my unique abilities and personality. Some of those experiences have been very tough lessons, while others have been rewarding mountain top experiences. All have played a part in making me who I am today.

Seeing what makes different people tick is a fascinating thing.
My friend, Julie, affectionately refers to me as her "Man Friend." I take that as a compliment. While she is planning a tea party, I am strapping on my tool belt.

I love tools. I love constructing things. I love the satisfaction of finishing a project. I love resting when a project is done. Both the construction and the resting bring me satisfaction.

I found the perfect project for me:






God made me unique and special. One of a kind.
God made you unique and special. One of a kind.

Now it's our responsibility to give those gifts back to Him in service toward one another. You'll find it is a very satisfying thing.

9 comments:

Angela said...

Wow great post!

And I love the outcome of your project! :)

Enjoy your weekend!

Happy McNally Mom said...

Amen sister. I love it!!!!! I am so bummed that I missed the study. That bible study group is one of the best groups I have ever been in. Thank you so much for being such a great leader.

momaof4 said...

Way to go on your swing!!!!

Becky said...

Oh Sharon- I've had such a blast reading through your blog. You have such a gift for writing. It's so fun catching up! I miss you friend!

Anonymous said...

Could that possibly be a diet cherry coke on your little table?!?!?! Can't wait to connect and share one! Lori

Valerie of Momia said...

Great post. Awesome project. Why don't you come to my house and make yourself useful! As you (may) know, our house is a fixer upper in much need of much fixing up. I will let you pick your project(s): Redoing the floorboard in the kitchen and bathrooms. Tiling the kitchen and bathrooms (please note that this should not be done until the floorboard has been replaced.) Reparing the wet (or dry as the case may be) rot in the a) master bath b) porch c) siding. Tearing apart and installing a new front porch. Replacing the countertops in the kitchen and main bathroom. Installing a new front door. Painting the kitchen cabinets and installing new pulls. Installing track lighting in the living room and family room. Installing new rain gutters. Reparing damaged drywall that we found after purchasing the house (which had been conveniently covered by furniture!!)

Let me know when you are finished with this list. I'll give you "list B".

Seriously, you have great drive and ambition...not to mention skills! :)

Valerie of Momia said...

You know what they say about diet drinks ;)

Lindsay said...

I love the part:

Seeing what makes other people tick is a fascinating thing.

So true & so important to remember... we are all different, we all have different gifts, and we are meant to use that which HE has given us to bless HIM and others!

Thanks for this - Have a GREAT week!

Molly said...

Taking time to deepen our walk with God is awesome. I'm so glad you and the gals could do this.

The swing looks comfy, great job!