Friday, May 23, 2008

Wake Up Call

I've always thought that being married is like one continual slumber party with your best friend. I absolutely love pillow talk, late night laughs, inside jokes, and just the great company in general.

I especially like it when something out of the ordinary happens. Like the time our cat, Puff, knocked a large glass casserole dish off of the top of the fridge right into the cast iron sink at 2am. We thought for sure it was an intruder. Ben displayed his finest Miami Vice moves around every corner of the house, sure that he was going to jump a burglar.

This morning was a fun one. Ben woke up at 5:30, to this crawling across the top of his head:


After screams and tissues and squishing and flipping of sheets and creepy crawly feelings and paranoia that there must be others, we had a great laugh!

Better him than me, but the morning that it produced was well worth it.

I will never grow tired of waking up next to my best friend.

15 comments:

Lindsay said...

UGH! I'd still be screaming... and I'm a so called "country girl"

Have a great weekend - BUG FREE!

Anonymous said...

Okay, that's gross! I don't even know what that bug is called.

I feel the same way about Jason. It's so nice to have the kind of relationship that is so enjoyable and filled with great memories!

I'm so glad you found the perfect partner for your life.

Rachel said...

I completely agree with your first couple of statements!! And then I have to admit I jumped back a little when I read that it was actually crawling on his head. Too freaky!!

momaof4 said...

Amen to that!


Yick on the bug. Orkin man?

Angela said...

This is hilarious!!!

I can picture it all!

Have a great weekend!!!

Happy McNally Mom said...

All I have to say to you my friend is, "FOR REALS"

LizzyG said...

I'm laughing right now at the visual of Ben displaying his Miami Vice moves in the middle of the night!

And yes, better to have that thing on his head then yours...for sure!

Valerie of Momia said...

EWWWW!! I had...something crawl across my head once. I know that horrible feeling!!

Lion Heart said...

This is sweet Sharon. I feel bad for Ben. What a horrible sick feeling to have some ucky bug crawl across your head in the middle of the night. But what a sweet relief it must have been for him to know is best friend was there to share the moment and laugh with him.

Lara said...

YUCK!! You guys make such a great couple. = )

Ona said...

Ahhh...how sweet! That is waking up to your best friend not the bug.

Stefanie said...

Sorry Ben - but yes, very funny visuals!

Mike is such a lightweight when it comes to any critters:) - too bad for me that we both jump on chairs.

Thank you Ben for rescuing Matt last weekend with the emergency doctor visit. Becca was so relieved he had you as a friend to call on.

Molly said...

Marriage, it makes even waking to bugs fun. God is so good to us and I'm glad you get to share life with your best friend.

February Jill said...

At our house we call those June bugs, but I'm not sure if that's right or not.
I agree there's not much better than having a good laugh with your buddy husband.

Angela said...

Missing you Sharon!