Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The 3rd Annual Court Street Pastors' Wives' Retreat

This past Sunday, we crammed into my Expedition, for the 3rd Annual Court Street PW's retreat!




Even though it's sometimes hard to say good-bye to the kids (and husbands!), we knew that it would be worth it and that we would be home soon!


.

.

.

.
We Rested!


.


.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
We ate GREAT food!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
We got a little crazy!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
We worshipped and studied together!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
We rallied 'round one another!
.
In short, we had an incredible couple of days of bonding, learning, loving, praying and growing. This is an incredible group of ladies, whom I am privileged to be able to know and grow along side of.
.
We are committed to praying for one another in our spiritual journeys, in our marriages, in our ministries and in our roles as mothers. And we are committed to praying for our wonderful church and all who attend. We are not perfect, but we are striving to put God first in all that we do.
.
Please be on the lookout for how we decided to expand our ministry to the women of Court Street! We are excited for the future and what God is doing!

I love you, girls!

16 comments:

Ona said...

You ladies look like you had fun... glad you enjoyed yourself. How fun to get away!

Anonymous said...

That's amazing! I am so glad you all got away to be refreshed and to bask in God's presence for a few well-deserved days.

Team Johnston said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! :)
~Danielle :)

momaof4 said...

What fun!! I know some of you are crazy fun girls....I bet you had lots of laughs. And I bet you had lots of seriousness too...right? Maybe? just a little?!!

Welcome Home!

Valerie of Momia said...

Okay. I officially HATE that pic you have up of me. I look like Napolean Dynamite's long lost sister!!!!

Julie said...

Cute pic's... glad you had so much fun, and glad you're back!

Lion Heart said...

Yay! i MUST SAY i HAVE LOOKED FORWARD TO HEARING WHAT YOU HAD TO SAY IN REGARDS TO YOUR pw RETREAT! i LOVE THAT YOU LADIES TAKE TIME TO RETREAT WITH ONE ANOTHER! i'M ONE WHO BELIEVES IT TAKES A SPECIAL KIND OF WOMEN TO BE A PASTORS WIFE! YOU LADIES AMAZE ME! tHANK YOU ALL FOR BEING SO GREAT!
BY THE WAY THAT PICTURES OF BRIAN AND THE KIDS ALMOST MADE ME CRY! i REMEMBER WALKING AWAY FROM FACES LIKE THAT! ITS SOOOO HARD POOR LARA!

Jen said...

What a great thing!! In my pastor's wife days we didn't do retreats, and I always wanted to! I think it's so great and important to bond together during the journey. It's a sacraficial life, but I think God gives us support like this to make being a pastor's wife not only survivable, but fun. Thanks for sharing your trip with all of us in cyberspace! Jenny

Lindsay said...

What an amazing time you all had!!
Love the pictures!! :)

Lindsay said...

And... thank you all for being the wives of pastors!! You are making a difference!!!

Read this link

http://p31everydaylife.blogspot.com/2007/10/shes-just-like-me.html

and know I'm sending it to you to encourage you and to let you know that you are appreciated!!

LizzyG said...

This is great!!! I think it's awesome that you're committed to praying for one another.



PS: I met Abby today!

Angela said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun!
The picture of the daddy is so funny!
Sharon your hair is so long!
It is beautiful!

Stefanie said...

Sharon,

I am so glad for all of you that you have each other. At our church we have one pastor only and I imagine his wife, my good friend, would truly love that teamness you all have! I hope there were lots of goodies involved.

Unknown said...

Looks like you ladies had some fun girl time!

Rachel said...

Look at you fun girls! I'm glad it was all that you wanted it to be.

Molly said...

Thanks for the great post about our time away. You did us great justice! It was such a blessing for me to share in this time.